About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Portsmouth
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time Flexible First options available
Due to continued growth, we are looking for experienced Project Managers to join our Major Projects Delivery team based in Reading or Portsmouth.
This new location offers new flexibility in the way we work, and with this in mind, this role can be carried out splitting time between the office, site and either your home or another SSEN location.
We are looking for someone that has great problem-solving skills, the ability to thrive under pressure. Someone willing to suggest new ideas and not be afraid to ask why.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- As a Technical Services Project Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for Design and Delivery of a range of projects in accordance with our investment management process.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the project including safety, quality, cost and programme.
- You will be part of a Technical Services team working closely with Protection and RTS engineers, field staff, contractors, customers, and key stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital and you will need to be comfortable engaging with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Part of this role will also involve using your strong analytic skills to support the wider Technical Services team with its processes and reporting as we adopt new systems into our workflow to enable us to operate as efficiently as possible entering the new ED2 price control period.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have knowledge of the Construction Design and Management Regulations and an understanding of the duties of Client, Principal Designer and Principal Contractor.
The below skills would also be advantageous when applying:
- Contract management experience, ideally NEC construction contracts.
- Protection, Real Time Systems and Operational Technology knowledge.
- Both an engineering qualification and a recognised qualification in construction safety and project management.
- Experience in Office 365 and Power Platform applications, particularly Power BI.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact /
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.