Quest Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, Quest Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, Quest Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
To carry out electromechanical hardware / project engineering activities as required by the business.
With the support of other members of the team, carry out electrical and associated electro-mechanical engineering tasks associated with the integration and interconnection of COTS and bespoke sub-assemblies into 19" racks and cabinets suitable for installation into an Inboard (dry) sub-sea / surface ship platform environment.
Act as technical lead for electro-mechanical aspects of projects.
Line Management reporting to the Portfolio Hardware Engineering Manager ASW Inboard (Cheadle Heath).
Actively take steps to learn from other members of the engineering and project teams.
Share knowledge and experience with other members of the engineering and project teams.
Communicate progress and issues with the Work Package / Project / Solution Engineering / Hardware Engineering Manager for the allocated tasks. Keeping Team Leader informed of challenges, successes and issues.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role may include, but is not necessarily limited to the following activities:
• Satisfy the requirement set through design and development activities.
• Implement the hardware architecture in physical and electrical form, fit and function.
• Define the Hardware Test and Acceptance Specifications.
• Demonstrate compliance to the requirements set through integration, verification and validation activities including the production of Test Reports and certificates.
• Develop and agree a Work Package Plan and Schedule with the relevant xEM and then take responsibility for completion of the assigned Work Package tasks in accordance with the Plan and Schedule, requesting assistance as needed.
• Carry out hardware engineering activities in a team / multi-stakeholder / multi-discipline environment.
• Support colleagues working in the team throughout the project lifecycle.
• General Electronic and Electrical Engineering Skills and ability.
• Integration of COTS and bespoke equipment sub-assemblies into 19" racks and cabinets.
• Interconnection Design (cabling and connector types, typical usage, environmental considerations).
• General understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
• Knowledge of EU Directives.
Please forward your CV, salary expectations and notice period to Zig Aronowicz below for further consideration.