School in East London are recruiting for this role on a temporary - permanent basis - Full time hours, to start ASAP
Data Manager (for temporary pending permanent recruitment) for an immediate start
Purpose of Job
• To be responsible for all student admissions procedures including; all in year admissions and Sixth Form enrolment.
• Providing specialist data support to the teachers and students
• Developing and managing the Management Information System (SIMS) to ensure streamlining and effective delivery of data and information in order to support the school's efficient day to day running.
• To be responsible for inputting, analysing and distributing accurate student attendance and punctuality data as required using SIMS or other software packages.
• To ensure the accurate maintenance and distribution of management information relating to students (SIMS).
• To guide the UCAS administration for KS5 students.
• To be responsible for School Student Census 11-19.
• Support HODs curriculum allocation teaching groups.
• Gathering and maintaining appropriate data
• Preparing data for external bodies as required
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Manager will lead on all aspects of data collection, analysis, evaluation, statutory compliance, accuracy and dissemination to ensure accurate planning of teaching and learning and assessment of pupil progress.
Your strategic responsibilities will include:
• The vision and strategic direction of using data effectively, reliably and to improve the operating performance of the academy
• Designing and implementing new operating, collection and design systems to meet new accountability measures
• Ensuring we are always OFSTED ready at every point in the Academic year and that data presented reflects positive progress
• Designing, implementing and evaluating the school timetable on an annual basis
• Leading on the School options system and maintain an effective system that produces live data during the options process
• All data analysis templates for all live data in the School that enable staff to identify key trends and gaps
• Devising and managing a system that links and pulls all statutory data for staff that are going on trips
• Designing and leading on all tracking in the School and overseeing the behaviour management system
• Leading on all parental reporting, access and security via online / paper reporting
• Leading a monthly data forum with staff on how we can develop the use of data in the school
• Line manage the work of the Data Assistant regarding all data aspects within the school
• Assist the Examinations team when required in the running of examinations (during exam season).
The use of SIMS:
• to effectively track the Academic progress of students
• to inform the SENDCo
• gathering and importing data
• administration of GCSE and KS5 Option choices
• preparation of Half Termly report templates and dissemination of reports
• to develop effective housekeeping procedures
• deal with technical support queries regarding SIMS
• ensure that the use of SIMS is GDPR compliant